BREAKING: James May QUITS Top Gear saying it would be ‘lame’ without Clarkson

JAMES May has completely ruled out returning to Top Gear without sacked co-host Jeremy Clarkson, insisting the show would be “lame” with a new presenter.

9

May also said the BBC would be “stupid” to try and create a version of the motoring programme with a “surrogate Jeremy”.

But he added that he wants to continue working for the BBC and did not rule out the three presenters one day making a comeback.

The 52-year-old presenter told The Guardian: “Me and [Richard] Hammond with a surrogate Jeremy is a non-starter – it just wouldn’t work. That would be lame. Or ‘awks’ as young people say.

“It has to be the three of us. You can’t just put a surrogate Jeremy in and expect it to carry on. It would deb forced. I don’t believe they would be stupid enough to try that.

“It doesn’t mean I won’t go back – we may all go back in the future. It might just be we have a break from it. I don’t know.”

May’s latest admission has left the future of Top Gear in the brink.

There are currently no Top Gear talks ongoing with May or co-host Hammond, whose contracts both expired last month.

But there is speculation that the BBC could bring the show back next year with an all-new presenter lineup.

May also hinted at the three presenting a different motoring show on a rival broadcaster, saying there was “nothing to rule [it] out”.

Although for the moment they have a non-compete clause in their contracts which prevents them from making the switch too soon.

The BBC did not renew Clarkson’s contract last month following a “fracas” in which the presenter punched producer Oisin Tymon in the face and repeatedly verbally abused him.

2 Newborn lambs beaten to death in a London park

90

Two lambs that weren’t even a day old have been killed in a park

One of the lambs was found dead in a tree while the other had to be put down because its injuries were so severe.

Other lambs were injured in the attack and the sheep in the field at Bedfont Lakes Country Park, Hounslow, have now been removed for their own safety.

Police want to speak to three teenage boys over the attack which happened between 4.30pm on Friday, April 10, and 7.30am on Saturday, April 11.

The first is described as a white, aged 16- 18, tall, chubby build, and had scruffy dark ginger hair which was gelled / swept forward.

The second is also described as a white, aged 16 – 18, average height, slim build, short dark brown hair, thin face with an obvious gap between top two front teeth.

And the third is also described as a white, aged 16 -18, slim build, short brown hair, no other details known.

PC Jody Whitehouse, the investigating officer, said: ‘I am appealing for any information to this despicable act which has not only caused distress to the owner but also to members of public who use the park and see the sheep on a daily basis.

‘I am also appealing to the three males to contact us, or anyone who recognises them from the descriptions to contact us, so we can speak to them regarding this incident.’

Two Found Guilty Of Plotting Sex Attacks On Baby

Two men have been found guilty of plotting to commit sex attacks on a baby.

9

Matthew Stansfield, 34, from Hampshire, and 49-year-old John Denham, from Wiltshire, were part of a gang of paedophiles who targeted babies and children under five years old.

They claimed Skype chats discussing their plans and preferences were just a fantasy, but a jury of four women and eight men at Bristol Crown court found Stansfield guilty of two counts of conspiracy to rape a child under the age of 13.

He had previously admitted making and possessing indecent images of children.

Football coach Denham, a married father-of-two previously known as Benjamin Harrop, was found guilty of sexually assaulting a child under 13, but not guilty of conspiracy to rape a child under 13.

He previously admitted conspiracy to engage in sexual activity in the presence of a child and possessing, making and distributing indecent images of children and extreme pornography.

The latest convictions follow previous guilty pleas by five men for child abuse charges including rape, sexual assault, conspiracy to rape, conspiracy to sexually assault a child under 13 and making and sharing indecent images of children.

They are 30-year-old Robin Hollyson from Bedfordshire; 35-year-old Christopher Knight from Manchester; 33-year-old Adam Toms from Somerset; 51-year-old David Harsley from Hull; and 32-year-old Matthew Lisk from East Sussex.

Toms, Hollyson and Knight all admitted raping a baby.

 

Couple slammed for having sex in front of children at a public park

98888

Angry parents have slammed a couple for having sex near their children at a park in Hampshire

According to reports, the couple were spotted having a little too much al fresco fun at the aptly named Andover Park in Hampshire.

And disgusted parents, in a bid to stop their children witnessing the couple’s antics, were forced to drag them away.

One woman told the Daily Star: “Parents with little children were really angry – it’s not the sort of thing to do where there is a play park.

“Surely they could have found somewhere more secluded where children could not see them.

“There are plenty of woods and fields out in the countryside, or they could have just stayed at home in their bedroom.

“Maybe they got a kick out of being watched. But to do that in front of children was awful.

“I’m no prude but there’s surely a time and a place for it.”

Apparently not.

Despite parents attempting to get the randy couple busted for their antics, however, authorities were too late in arriving.

By the time they made it to the not-so-secret romantic rendezvous point, the duo had grabbed their clothes and made a quick getaway.

Mother Gets Life For Killing 6 Babies

9999

A woman who admitted killing six of her newborn babies has been sentenced to up to life in prison.

Megan Huntsman, 40, pleaded guilty in February to strangling or suffocating the infants and hiding their bodies in her Utah garage.

Huntsman told police she killed the babies because she was a methamphetamine addict and did not want the responsibility of raising them.

She faced five years to life for each death.

On Monday, the judge ordered three of the sentences to run concurrently, meaning Huntsman will most likely serve 20 years to life.

She killed the infants between 1996 and 2006, police said. A seventh baby found in the garage was stillborn.

Huntsman’s estranged husband, who fathered all seven infants, found their bodies in April 2014.

DNA testing showed that all seven were full-term and that five were girls and two were boys.

The case sent shockwaves through the mostly Mormon community of Pleasant Grove, about 35 miles (56km) south of Salt Lake City.

Pensioner fighting for his life after mugging

Northlands-Park-Basildon-1

An elderly and vulnerable man is fighting for his life after being mugged while riding a mobility scooter.

The 79-year-old, from Pitsea, Essex, was on his scooter near a pavilion in the town’s Northlands Park when he was hit over the head by two men.

He was knocked to the ground and the pair fled with cash totalling more than £1,000, leaving the victim to struggle back to his car before driving home and raising the alarm.

Paramedics took him to Basildon Hospital where medics found he had a bleed on the brain. His condition is described as life-threatening, Essex Police said.

This is a serious incident involving a vulnerable gentleman in our community.

Northlands Park would have been busy at the time this incident occurred, on a Sunday morning, and we are keen to hear from anyone who saw the victim before or after this attack took place, anyone looking suspicious in the area at the time or indeed anyone who witnessed the robbery itself.

– Detective Inspector Jasmine Frost

Detectives investigating the robbery, which happened at 9.50am on Sunday, are appealing for witnesses to come forward.

Witnesses should contact detectives on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

PICTURED: Bottle attack leaves girl with horrific wounds to face and neck

CHLOE Knapton suffered the deep wounds to her face and neck after being beaten up while sitting in her car.

980

A 21-YEAR-OLD woman was left with horrific deep wounds to her face and neck after being attacked when she stopped her car in the middle of a road.

Chloe Knapton’s injuries are a result of her being beaten up while she sat in her car after stopping behind a driver who had pulled up to move a bike out of the road.

Her devastated family have released the shocking photos after the attack, which happened last Thursday night in Huddersfield.

Her injuries include a deep cut to her shoulder, a deep wound to her neck where the glass bottle became embedded and resulted in wounds between her nose and mouth.

9000

According to the Huddersfield Daily Examiner, after Chloe was attacked, she managed to reach a friend’s house a short distance away to raise the alarm.

Chloe’s mum Allyson Knapton said an ambulance did not arrive for over an hour.

She said: “Chloe was so brave. The ambulance did not arrive for an hour and 15 minutes. It was ridiculous. There were pools of blood on the pavement.

Chloe was taken to Leeds General Infirmary where surgeons removed glass and she spent three days in recovery before being allowed home.

Allyson said: “There was glass everywhere. Chloe has had to have stitches on both sides of her lips, inside and out, and around her nose.

“She can’t smile. She can’t eat so she has liquid food.

900

980

 

BREAKING: Pupil ‘shoots teacher dead with crossbow’ at a school

88877

A 13-year-old boy has been arrested in Spain for allegedly shooting a teacher dead with a crossbow at his school.

The unnamed pupil opened fire with the weapon at the Joan Fuster school in Barcelona at around 9.20am local time, sources told El Pais.

At least three students are believed to have been wounded and several ambulances were seen at the entrance this morning.

Witnesses claimed the boy first shot at a languages teacher, who was wounded, then stabbed that teacher’s daughter in the leg.

Hearing the screams, another teacher ran into the room and was shot in the abdomen, El Pais reported.

The man was said to be working as a substitute social sciences teacher at the school in the Sant Andreu district of Barcelona.

Police have not confirmed what weapon was used but Spanish national television and numerous media outlets have claimed it was a crossbow.

Bosses are fuming after EastEnders star spotted taking legal high

SOAP bosses are fuming after EastEnders star Lorna Fitzgerald was caught inhaling hippy crack.

The Abi Branning actress, 18, has also been blasted by a drugs charity for taking the high close to traffic — and after boozing.

The 18-year-old and a pal were photographed after buying two balloons of nitrous oxide gas for £10 from a street dealer at 4am on Saturday.

The pair did the legal high after a boozy night at a London rave, took two each and sucked in the laughing gas, which makes users light-headed by starving them of oxygen.

An anti-drugs charity slammed her actions, saying: “It’s very risky.”

Lorna now faces talks with BBC bosses furious at her for setting a bad example.

It comes after The Sun showed England footballers Raheem Sterling, 20, and Saido Berahino, 21, appearing to do hippy crack.

987

Though legal, the gas has been linked to 17 deaths since 2006. The biggest risk is from injuries after falling or passing out.

An onlooker said: “Lorna was quite obviously a bit drunk.

“After sucking the balloons they started giggling.

“A few people recognised her and shouted, ‘Abi’. She said, ‘That’s not my real name’.

“One clubber tried to ask her what was going to happen in EastEnders but she was having none of it.” The teenager, who has been in the BBC soap since 2006, then jumped in a taxi outside the Lightbox in Vauxhall, South London.

She and pals had been celebrating at a drum and bass rave ahead of her 19th birthday tomorrow.

BBC bosses are expected to haul her in for a dressing down this week.

An insider said: “EastEnders really aren’t happy and are going to be talking to Lorna about it. They don’t take this kind of behaviour lightly.”

9876

Jeremy Clarkson is planning Top Gear rival for TV ‘I’m going to do another car show’

The sacked Top Gear host has admitted that he’s already planning his motoring TV return

elib_5686351-e1358274809522

Jeremy Clarkson is already thinking about finding a Top Gear replacement after he was axed for attacking a colleague.

The outspoken star also revealed he was told he “probably” had cancer, two days before the “fracas” with Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon, although he has since been given the all-clear.

And he became so focused on his work following the break-up of his marriage and the death of his mother that he was unable to concentrate on anything else.

Writing in his column for the Sunday Times, Clarkson said he admits there is no way back for him with Top Gear.

He said: “I have lost my baby but I shall create another.

“I don’t know who the other parent will be or what the baby will look like, but I cannot sit around any more organising my photograph album.”

The star was suspended by the broadcaster last month when he became the subject of an internal BBC investigation after he attacked Top Gear producer Mr Tymon, splitting his lip and verbally abusing him.

Clarkson’s contract was not renewed, with director-general Tony Hall saying at the time “a line has been crossed” and “there cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another”.

But the broadcasting veteran received widespread public support, including from friend David Cameron.

Clarkson said he even considered turning his back on presenting altogether in the immediate fall-out from the incident.

He told the Sunday Times: “Let’s stop being silly and pick up the pieces and start again … I just know I’m going to do another car show.”